5 September 2016

Scouting the jackpot and 'helping' a newbro

o/

After I wrote my blog yesterday, we started scanning our wormhole chain. We had quite a big chain and it seemed promising as there was some activity to be noticed. After scanning for a while, a corpmate checked our nullsec connection. He found what appeared to be a Tengu running sites, though he couldn't exactly pinpoint his location. I brought in my scanning alt to combat scan him down. After 2 cycles I had him at 87% but then he bounced off. He kept bouncing between planets and safespots so it was impossible to probe him down. While this was happening, we had a small fleet waiting on the other side of the wormhole, just in case. Suddenly, a confessor appeared on d-scan together with some combat probes. After a few minutes, he warped to us at a 100km. We started reshipping in other stuff to catch the confessor but he was too fast.

After playing cat and mouse for a few minutes, I landed on top of him on the connection to his wormhole. I managed to land a few hits on him (deep into armor) before he managed to jump. I jumped through, only to find a fleet (interceptor, Caracal, and a few more kity ships) waiting for us. I immediately jumped back to our home and instawarped to our citadel. We formed a fleet to counter them but eventually we couldn't get a fight. This connection was end of life, so neither of the groups wanted to commit his fleet with the chance of getting cut off.

While this was happening, I retracted my scanning alt from nullsec and went on scanning another part of the chain. After a few minutes I stumbled upon a wormhole leading to nullsec space. It was a small wormhole, only allowing destroyers and smaller ships to pass through. After jumping through (you never know what you might find) I noticed some Hulks in space. There were two ore sites in system so I decided to check them out. Both of them had cargo containers in space. I bookmarked the containers in both sites and went back to our home system. About 15 minutes later, we decided to go and check on this particular system. We reshipped into destroyers (Confessor, Svipul, Sabre) and an interceptor. I decided to split the fleet in two so each half would warp to a bookmark to try and catch some miners. The bookmark I warped to was empty but our Svipul and interceptor landed right on top of three hulks.

The pilot of the Sabre and myself (with the Confessor and alt in a scanning ship [with point, because a scout without a point, is pointless]) quickly warped to the other bookmark. Everyone was spreading and calling points. The Hulks had nowhere to go, especially since the Sabre arrived to drop bubbles. One Hulk pilot thought he could escape with his pod by ejecting from his ship, yet he seemed to have missed the bubbles of our interdictor. We managed to kill all three of the Hulks and their pods. When we looked at the killmails, we were quite surprised and had a good laugh:

Hulk 1: https://zkillboard.com/kill/55901593/ (hulk) + https://zkillboard.com/kill/55901610/ (pod)
Hulk 2: https://zkillboard.com/kill/55901584/ (Hulk) + https://zkillboard.com/kill/55901596/ (pod)
Hulk 3: https://zkillboard.com/kill/55901570/ (hulk) + https://zkillboard.com/kill/55901612/ (pod)

The total value of this adventure was about 3.8 billion ISK destroyed. The loot fairy was pretty generous and gave us about 240 million ISK of loot. The rules of the corp grant full loot access to the scout who finds the targets. In this particular case, it was me. Though because we were with a fun bunch and everyone helped on this kill, I decided to split the value among the participating corp members, which resulted in a nice killboard and 60 million ISK each.

The day after this adventure, I got home from work and warped around our chain when I noticed a venture on dscan. I managed to get him on the wormhole but he warped off. I stay anchored at the citadel only to see a venture appear on d-scan again a few minutes later. I locate him in an ore site in our home. Mel Miene was in a cloaky scanning ship and warped in on the site to get Rakanishu a decent warp-in with his interceptor. When Mel Miene was 5km away, I warped in Rakanishu and started hitting the Venture. They seem to be slippery because he was able to warp away to a random anomaly. I follow him and see him warping to the sun. I initiate warp when I see him typing in local: "I only want to mine". Landing right on top of him, I lock and destroy the Venture. This was followed by locking his pod. I started a conversation with the Venture pilot and it seemed like he was pretty new. His character was made in May this year but he told me he hadn't been active until now and was looking to make some ISK mining. I gave him a few tips, like watching d-scan before you go out and do something and watch d-scan while you are doing things. I told him he should never expect to be alone in a wormhole. I donated him some ISK to replace his Venture, asked him if he wanted a pod express home (which he did) and we said our goodbyes.

It's always nice to encounter a newer player in EVE whom accepts a conversation after he has been killed. I, myself, have also learned some things this way, and it's nice to having someone experienced to give you tips. Hell, he even made some ISK. o7 to you my friend, and may you fly safe!

Rakanishu signing off o7

#end of log 009#

No comments:

Post a Comment